Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My First Blog Award!

Thanks to Stephanie!! I have been awarded my first Blogger Award!




The rules for the award are:


1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award

2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.

3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.

4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.

5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.

6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.

7. Leave a comment on each.



Seven things you might not know about me:



1. Our first pet was a llama :) Our big plan...train him to carry out gear so we could backpack into the high country with the kids.

2.The above mentioned llama turned out to have bazerk male syndrome and was dangerous. We had to put him down. Yup, its a real syndrome and a true story :)

3. I heart me some Dr. Pepper

4. I am a P.K. ("pastor's kid")

5. I first knew without question I would adopt while holding a foster baby in the fifth grade.

6. I am one of 5 kids.

7. My most asked question : "Are they twins?" (In reference to Evangeline and Landis). Seriously, I get asked this 5 to 185 times a day:)




Seven Kreativ Blogs I love. Stop by and Check them out!




1. One Day at a Time - Leigh and her husband are beginning the process to adopt 2 babies from Ethiopia! We are adopting from the same agency and the same orphanage, and how I would love to travel with this sweet couple. Leigh has an awesome giveaway fundraiser going on (go here to check it out) and she keeps a sweet, encouraging blog. If you have interest in adopting, you should check it out!




2. Bringing Home Lucy Lane - This family has done more for the children of Ethiopia than they will ever know. How? By just sharing their daily life and pictures of sweet Lucy Lane, who has been in their arms for 4 months. Anytime I meet someone interested in adoption, I say, "You must watch this video!" Their adoption video has inspired so many families to adopt in just the past 4 months alone. Oh, guess what? Sweet Lucy Lane waited for them in Hannah's Hope... the orphanage we are headed to!!! Go here to meet this family and watch their video. You may want to bring along some Kleenex :) I LOVE this family!!!




3. Stefanie Jinelle is a birthmother I found on Adoption Voices a few weeks ago. If you have ever wondered about the love, sacrifice, gut wrenching pain and fear that a birthmother goes through, please stop by her site. Stefanie leaves me in tears with each post. I have deep admiration and respect for this young lady. Stop by her blog and leave her and encouraging note... lets send Stefanie some love and encouragement!


4. Sew Shay- I recently found this site (yup, another adoption fundraiser!) and love this fellow seamstress! Go here to see some way cute bibs, towels and bags which rival Pottery Barn!

5. Its Almost Naptime- How can I not nominate my all time favorite funny, encouraging blog. I love this lady! Definitely check out this one!

6. Mom For Him- Wanna be encouraged and save some money?!? Jessica has a lovely blog to help you do just that! Go here to check it out.

7. And finally, one last adoptive family! At Stitching to China, you can help bring home a baby girl to her forever family. This family has 2 bio kids, 1 little girl from China and are heading to China to adopt another blessing. Head on over to see some cute sewing! (I know, I'm promoting some competition here, but I'm passionate about adoption. It's all about the kiddos!)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment...I love hearing from you!