Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Our Favorite Pizza

Today, the kids and I did a lot of baking. I felt they need a break from all of my sewing, so after we finished up school and a bit of cleaning, they helped me out in the kitchen. Since I am always misplacing our favorite recipes, I thought I'd post them here. At least then I know where they are :) Here we have our new favorite:
Jam Twists
For the dough mix: 3 C. flour (I grind our wheat, but white flour will make the dough lighter)
4t. powder
1 T. sugar (or sucanat)
1 t. salt
3/4 t. cream of tarter
Then cut in: 3/4 c. butter
Add: 1 C. milk
Stir just until mixed. Turn out onto floured surface. Roll into a large rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). Brush with melted butter and then spread about 1/2 jam over dough. ( We like our homemade jam from last summer's blackberries...yum!) Fold rectangle in half. Cut into 1" strips. Twist and place on greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes. Frost with glaze (powdered sugar plus a little milk and vanilla) when out of the oven. YUM!
And, our favorite pizza. I did not use fresh ground wheat in this one, nor did I let the dough rise, as I did not start dinner until 30 minutes before we ate. Yup..... this is a quick meal! (yea.... I added a few peppers from the garden :)
Pizza Dough
1TB. yeast
1 C. warm water
1 t. sugar
1 t. salt
2 TB oil
2 1/2 C. flour

Mix, knead and let rise. Roll out and make your pizza! (I double the batch and make bread sticks as well) Bake at 400 for 10 to 15 minutes.

Yummy breadsticks..... nothing but nutritionless white flour and clog your heart up cheese :)

Samuel helped me out with the laundry tonight. Yup..... that big pile is a small portion of the clean clothes needing to be folded. About 30 seconds after I took this picture, Samuel reminded me why it is not a good idea to let your diaper rash baby "air out" for more than about 10 seconds. And wouldn't you know, his target was the one item I needed washed and clean for in the morning. Love that kid:)
Happy Tuesday to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to introduce myself :-) I found your blog from The Johnson Family blog... We, too, are at about the same place in our Ethiopian adoption as you guys (also with AGCI)! I look forward to reading about your family and your adoption!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment...I love hearing from you!